Thursday, August 6, 2009

Video conferance with Dreamworks

havent been that active on the blog the past weeks.....truthfully I have been a bit absent latly. The reason: I got a mail from Dreamworks telling me that they liked my reel and wanted to setup a video conference call with me....that call was today(thursday)....
My very first Video conference call. Great, with DreamWorks (cant find big enough words!!!).
Happy as something with feathers I strutted around for like a day, then I started to think: but conference calls are really visual and personal and in lack of a better word......reveling :O
Well it was to late to think plastic surgary and the chicken-suit rental service was closed. Panic struck, I have no unique selling points...Okay, okay I need to find out to how to behave on a conference call. Its time to hit the internet, the answer to the mystery must lie deep within the millions of servers out there . 48 hours later the core-advice found in this vast system of networks was "BE YOURSELF" be myself???? Hell, I have been waiting for this call for like 12years....be myslef...could I just be myself???? hmmm... I already stopped eating when I got the email, a week back, and had trouble seeing straight, turned colorblind so it was clear to me that all my senses was failing. Would this wreck of a human/animator be adequate to be presented as himself...... well I went there as myself and I think I was okay, they didnt pull the plug and so far I havent gotten any death threats or restraining orders....and that must be a good thing..:-))

Well seriously,,, it was really great. talking to this people, heroes in my eyes. I mean they have made more movies together than I ever will in my life time....ohh that is a scary thought, and a humbling experienc:-)))

And to Fabio, Simon, Kristof, John and Jason...big thank you for making that hour a very pleasant one..


So now at least its kinda out of my hands.....I can only hope for the best

cheers
/Tommie


cheers
/Tommie

No comments: