Sunday, November 9, 2008

fathers day

Fathers day, didn't expect much got MUCHO!!

Went ice-skating with my kids and my oldest, Rasmus, made some great progress. Mollie my youngest was defying all laws of nature on the ice. Something I wanted to tryout and found myself hitting the ice, and ice being somewhat hardish I got a nice little Bump on my forehead to remind me of my arrogance. Of course I took the fall like a man, and demanded to speak to the fool that prepared the ice, I mean there must be something wrong with the ice??.....right?? .-)

At the end of the ice-skating session my son came up to me and hugged me in that special way that makes any father wanna cry. I could see how proud he was of his progress and happy that his father finally took some time of from animation to spend with him.

In the car back home, all I could think of was...(and this is worrying:-)..how the hell would one animate that moment that me and my son just had? I got this scary thought in my head that maybe its not possible, is the medium of 3D animation limited to just a short range of emotions, is animation type-casted to be almost always funny....of course not....but it will take some big "nuts" to crack the shell that Pixar, Dreamworks, SonyImageworks(and more) built up and make something new. Dont get me wrong when you read this John Lasseter :-) I love what you are doing, its fantastic, but what if Pixar just shifted gears a bit and made like a Matrix movie, wouldn't that be cool.......well I dont know :-)


ohh damn got to sleep
cheers
/Tommie

No comments: